Phoronix Test Suite 0.9.0
May 28, 2008
- GtkPerf profile update from uncle_fungus
- Fix log-in bug for PTS Global
- Add debugging mode support (PTS_DEBUG_MODE)
- Add list-installed-tests option for listing tests that are installed on the local system
- Many (all) test profiles updated/fixed/finalized.
- Switch pts-trondheim.wav default audio file... NOW FINALIZED.
- Add support so phoronix-test-suite benchmark <Saved File Name> can be used to run the same tests found in an existing PTS saved file. Similar to running phoronix-test-suite benchmark <Test or Suite> and then entering the same saved file name to save the results into an existing file. This support has also been added for the install and run options.
- Add gaming, gaming-free, and gaming-closed suites for gaming tests
- All test suites updated against latest available tests
- Add (missing) options to scimark2
- Allow environmental variables to be used in the SubTitle tag and within test suite profiles
- Add pcqs-graphics suite
- Add file-system detection to Phoronix Test Suite
- When running in batch mode and running a single test, instead of prompt for options, run ALL available options.
- Add mencoder test profile for mencoder LAVC encoding test profile
- Add ffmpeg test profile
- Add video-encoding test suite
- Update PTS External Dependencies with some profiles previously missing some packages, etc. (CentOS maintainer needs to update centos-packages.xml still)
- Rename pcqs-graphics to pcqs-desktop-graphics... pcqs-graphics is now a composite suite of both pcqs-desktop-graphics and pcqs-workstation-graphics
- Add compliance-sensors test for checking if some important LM_Sensors sensors are properly detected and working
- Add compliance-acpi test for checking if some ACPI features are working on the test system
- Add system-compliance test suite of compliance-* tests
- Many bug fixes
Phoronix Test Suite 0.8.0
May 24, 2008
- Tweaks to suite-info formatting
- Merge test-info and suite-info into generic info argument (though the earlier options are still compatible) and auto-detect the type
- Report software dependencies in test information as well as suites using the given test
- Add EstimatedLength test profile option for the estimated amount of time (in minutes) it takes the test to run
- Display EstimatedLength (if supplied) when viewing test information
- Add RequiresRoot tag to test profile (though the root operation itself isn't yet added)
- DOCUMENTATION: Add XML specifications for test profiles, test suites, and test downloads to documentation/ folder
- Add sample-program as a test profile meant for documentation and demonstration purposes
- DOCUMENTATION: Add guide-write-test-profile.txt as a simple guide on how to write a test profile, with the guide being based around the sample-program profile
- Add documentation folder contents to install-sh script with PTS documentation
- Have the Debian package builder (package-build-deb.php) use install-sh for most of the installation process
- PTS GLOBAL: The search feature should now be working...
- Add Phoronix pts-graph test for testing PHP and PHP-GD performance
- Various fixes and cleaning (Thanks to uncle_fungus)
- Warsow profile now works
- ET:QW demo profile now works
- Fix ET:QW (retail) profile (Thanks to niackho)
- Add pts_MultiPassFailGraph (MULTI_PASS_FAIL) graph type
- Add compliance-ogl as a test seeing which versions of OpenGL are supported by the system software / hardware
- Fix bug in make-download-cache
- Add gnupg profile for encryption test
- Add sqlite profile for SQLite testing (right now just SQLite INSERT tests)
- Add specviewperf10 test profile for SPECViewPerf 10.0. Auto-detects CPU cores for multi-threading, but the multi-sampling setup still needs to be provided as an option... Use multisampleRunAll in viewperf.config.
- Add build-apache profile for building Apache/HTTPD 2.2
- Fix divide by zero error when test fails
- Fix quake4 profile, works now
- Add install-all option for installing all available tests
- Update etqw profile against Enemy Territory: Quake Wars v1.5
- Few minor improvements to PTS sensor monitoring
- Enhanced merging support / appending "not-mergable" results at the end of file
- Add force-install-all option for forcing the install of all available tests
- Many test profile updates... a number of them getting close to being finalized for 1.0 release
- Add "Elapsed Time" to PTS sensor monitoring to show how long PTS was running
Phoronix Test Suite 0.7.0
May 17, 2008
- Drop directory argument on pts_save_result() as it's no longer being used
- Begin work inside pts_save_result() for detecting different "result types"
- Improved detection for useless strings in HAL
- Fixes when merging results
- Change PTS_MONITOR_DIR to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/system-monitor/ from ~/.phoronix-test-suite/trondheim/
- Fixes for username and home directory detection when PHP POSIX extension isn't present
- Allow tags to be added when using the upload option, if the user uploads the results at a later time to PTS Global
- Add initial x11perf test
- Improved graph formatting
- Add detection if when running a test/suite, the saved file already exists but is from a different test/suite, prompt for new name
- When running a test/suite, if the file already exists, list current test identifiers in file and ensure the new identifier is unique
- Add refresh-graphs <saved file> option for re-rendering graphs from the PTS Results Viewer (mostly for debugging uses)
- Don't print any information outputted by xdg-screensaver (or if it's not found)
- Allow test profiles to define a graph type (currently only BAR_GRAPH and LINE_GRAPH are supported). Must be specified inside the profile's TestInformation in a ResultFormat tag. Defaults to BAR_GRAPH.
- Fix for suite-info to work recursively when listing tests in a suite
- Update Nexuiz profile against Nexuiz 2.4.2
- Support abstract results within the Phoronix Test Suite
- Add in pts_PassFailGraph object for tests that are meant to judge whether the system properly passes the test or fails
- Change default wav file, again... Hopefully last time!
- Code cleaning and various other maintenance changes
- Generating pts-download-cache.xml manifest when running make-download-cache
- PTS Download Cache support for reading over protocols such as FTP, HTTP, NFS, SMB either over a LAN or Internet. With this, you could specify a download cache directory on an intranet server in your company for downloading all of the tests from. In user-config.xml CacheDirectory just specify the full URI.
- Add tandem-xml test profile for testing the XML read/write performance of the tandem_Xml writer and reader
- Add tandem-xml to universe-cli suite
- Add experimental read_ati_extension() support for reading fglrx GPU die temperature and current/overclocked frequencies (Thanks to uncle_fungus)
- Add openarena test profile
- Don't prompt for tags when in batch mode
- Add option for auto-naming the saved results when running in batch mode
- Add batch-setup option for configuring batch mode options
- Add support for test maintainers to have a validate-install.sh or validate-install.php inside their test resources folder. This file is optional and contains checks to verify whether the test is PROPERLY installed and setup (read: all set for benchmark) or whether it still needs to be installed. If the test is properly setup, it should just output TRUE, otherwise the test will be reinstalled.
- Setup PTS_TEMP_DIR (defaults to /tmp/phoronix-test-suite/) as temporary working directory
- When downloading test files, first download to the PTS_TEMP_DIR and perform all verification in this area. Only move file to the test environment directory once the file is verified. Addresses issues of PTS thinking file is verified if user closes window prematurely.
- Add support for DownloadSize and EnvironmentSize inside the test profile's TestProfile tag for the estimated size of the files to be downloaded and the estimated size of the setup test environment directory. These tags are optional and if supplied the value must be in megabytes. (Easy help but would be much appreciated: Filling this information in for the existing test profiles)
- Add in detection code if DownloadSize and EnvironmentSize are supplied, if the free space in the respective directories aren't large enough, quit.
- Create a basic tree view of all tests/suites contained inside a suite when running suite-info <suite-name>
- Add a generic (very basic) install script for installation (named install-sh). Defaults to /usr/ but if first argument is supplied it will over-ride to that location
- A number of test profile updates
- Advanced merging capability
- Add SupportedArchitectures tag to TestProfile, if the test is only compatible with select architectures (delimit each architecture by a comma)
- With list-tests option, don't show tests that are of status PRIVATE or EXPERIMENTAL
- Code optimizations
- Add result quantifier option for parsing results... For traditional numerical profiles, the ResultQuantifier tag can have values of MAX and MIN for recording the maximum or minimum values. Other modes can be supported in the future. For numerical results where the tag isn't supplied, it will default to AVG.
Phoronix Test Suite 0.6.0
May 9, 2008
- Clean up phoronix-test-suite SH file
- Define PTS_USER_DIR inside the phoronix-test-suite SH file
- Define DOWNLOAD_CACHE directory inside the phoronix-test-suite SH file, with support for user-define DOWNLOAD_CACHE=
- Add make-download-cache option. Running make-download-cache will backup all files downloaded by the Phoronix Test Suite to the DOWNLOAD_CACHE directory, and performs MD5 check-sum comparisons. This is used for easily backing up all your downloaded files so that they can be transfered between test machines
- Implement the PTS installation functions to automatically use the download cache, if present, instead of downloading the files
- Default PTS Global opening web browser to true
- Change BENCHMARK_RESOURCE_DIR constant to TEST_RESOURCE_DIR
- Further compression to PTS Global uploads
- Add X-Plane 9 test (named: xplane9) (Special thanks goes out to Laminar Research and Ben Supnik for creating specialized benchmarking demo and a mirror!)
- Add fortran-compiler package to PTS External Dependencies (currently only Ubuntu gfortran support)
- Add md-gromacs test profile (Thanks to uncle_fungus)
- Add molecular-dynamics test suite (Thanks to uncle_fungus)
- Allow the test results scale to be defined outside of the XML test profile and inside the test's benchmarking environment directory with the scale being the contents of pts-results-scale file
- Split universe test suite into universe-x and universe-cli... Universe test suite is now just a meta suite calling universe-x and universe-cli for calling graphics and non-graphics tests, respectively.
- Update latest tests in universe-cli and universe-x suites
- Define version and codename inside pts-core/functions/pts.php instead of pts-core/functions/pts-functions.php
- Add pts/etc/scripts/package-build-deb.php and running it from the root PTS directory will generate a Debian package of the Phoronix Test Suite
- Clean-up information string parsing a bit
- When attempting to install a suite, just check if a unique benchmark is installed once, if the test is referenced multiple times
- Various code clean-ups and miscellaneous fixes
- Add sensors option to report current sensor readings
- Update to gtkperf profile... Change to 2,000 iterations and add additional GtkPerf tests to read
- Add in initial pcqs-workstation-graphics suite for Phoronix.com workstation graphics testing
- Add lshal parsing support
- Add support to read the system's motherboard vendor / model using HAL
- Move generic system parsing functions to pts-core/functions/pts-functions_system_parsing.php
- Add gui-toolkits suite
- Fix Phoronix Test Suite when PHP/PHP5 is not found
- With stdout headers, if width is larger than current terminal width, don't break-up the heading
- Standardize function naming convention for pts-functions_system_parsing
- Switch pts_process_* to being pid based instead of time based
- System beep when a test ends and two beeps when all tests are done
- Enable PNG compression in pts_Graph
- Sunflow results parsing fix (Thanks to uncle_fungus)
- Switch PTS Global uploader to using $_POST variables instead of $_GET to avoid length issues... PTS Global server-side will continue to support both methods
- Add initial pcqs-motherboard suite
Phoronix Test Suite 0.5.1
May 5, 2008
- Don't save results if value is 0, as that means the benchmark didn't work
- Screen resolution detection fix (Thanks to uncle_fungus)
- Improved process detection for Firefox and Thunderbird if the process name is different (Thanks to uncle_fungus)
- pts-results-viewer fix for showing author correctly in system details area
- Add OpenSSL RSA benchmark (openssl)
- Add OpenSSL to multicore suite as the profile is SMP-aware
- Minor clean-ups in pts-run-benchmark/pts-functions-run
- Export all XML paths to pts-functions_interfaces
- Clean/fix up some of the test profiles
- Change the pts-shared sample WAV audio file once again (should be finalized now)
- Fix uploading large suite results to PTS Global
- Add in initial pcqs-server-motherboard suite for Phoronix.com server/workstation motherboard testing
Phoronix Test Suite 0.5.0
May 1, 2008
- Add support so distribution vendors / package maintainers can create their
own defaults for user configuration options as a template at /pts/etc/user-config-template.xml
- Clean up all of the *_LOCATION definitions to using *_DIR
- Support test profiles to write their installation scripts in PHP instead of just SH. If using php, name the file install.php
- Allow test profiles to have pre.php and post.php process scripts, in addition to pre.sh and post.sh
- Support multiple possible paths in "PossiblePaths" in test profiles, with each path delimited by a colon
- Support if binary is named php5 instead of php
- Add IgnoreFirstRun argument for test profiles
- Add support for a test profile to have a downloads.xml file inside their resources folder that contains all of the files that need to be downloaded. Phoronix Test Suite then handles the downloading internally as well as verifying the MD5 sums, downloading from a random URL if multiple URLs are specified, etc. Some other features will come about soon for those using downloads.xml for acquiring all needed files
- Drop bcdiv/bcmath dependency for pts_Graph, switch to internal function for trimming doubles
- Add 7-Zip compression test (compress-7zip)
- Add Parallel BZIP2 compression test (compress-pbzip2)
- Add Compression test suite (compression)
- Drop Official tag from all suites
- Improved CPU detection support, especially for multi-processor multi-core environments
- Improved GPU and related detections support... Now can read the anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering levels for NVIDIA graphics cards as well as the core temperature
- Add MONITOR= environmental variable. If MONITOR=gpu.temp, the low, average, and high temperatures will be reported at end of test
- Add a lot more sensor and monitoring support... Add MONITOR=sys.temp and MONITOR=cpu.temp. Multiple sensors supported that are delimited by comma (depends upon LM_Sensors)
- Clean up pts-results-viewer as well as switching to Liberation Sans for the font in graph rendering and clean up graph alignment
- Add remove-all-results option
- Add in espeak text-to-speech engine test
- Add in multicore suite of SMP-friendly tests
- Add force-install option for installing benchmarks already installed
- Add line graphing support of monitor results
- Basic CPU and system temperature monitoring support through ACPI, if LM_Sensors is not installed and/or reporting information
- Improved thermal monitoring support
- Improvements to pts-grapher with alignment
- Add version argument for showing PTS version and code-name
- Have a pts-monitor-viewer with basic functionality working. Prompt to open pts-monitor-viewer in web browser, if MONITOR results were recorded
- Add basic auto-tagging support for PTS Global if no tags are supplied
- Immediate detection when attempting to a run a test to see whether or not it's installed. If it's not, let the user know what to do and exit
- Report to test notes if Intel EIST or AMD Cool n Quiet / PowerNOW or another CPU power-savings/frequency-scaling technology was in use
- Report to test notes if the system was running on battery power
- End-User agreement shows when Phoronix Test Suite runs for the first time or when the agreement has been modified
- Add battery.power option to MONITOR= for reporting battery discharge rate (as reported through ACPI) during tests
- Add cpu.voltage, v3.voltage, v5.voltage, and v12.voltage options to MONITOR= for reporting line voltages on the CPU and other voltage rails through LM_Sensors
- Add ToggleScreensaver option to user-config.xml and implement new screensaver toggling mechanism
- Add sensor-options argument for more information about system sensors feature
- Update XML syntax for test profiles and test suites (Breaks compatibility with previous Phoronix Test Suite versions!)
- Change benchmark-profiles/, benchmark-resources/, and benchmark-suites/ to test-profiles/, test-resources/, and test-suites/
- Some code cleaning
- Other bug fixes
Phoronix Test Suite 0.4.0
April 24, 2008
- Add system-info argument for quickly and easily showing the system's hardware
and software information
- Add diagnostics argument for dumping Phoronix Test Suite information for debugging purposes and showing environmental variables accessible to the test scripts/profiles
- Update build-linux-kernel profile to use Linux 2.6.25 kernel and support both x86 and x86_64 standardized configurations
- Allow users to log-into their PTS Global account using "phoronix-test-suite login"
- Add in basic browser detection code
- Add scimark2 profile
- Add java-scimark2 profile
- Add support for pts-test-description and pts-test-version for benchmark description and benchmark version to be defined outside of the XML schema
- Add "java" suite of Java benchmarks
- Add External Dependencies support for CentOS (Thanks to Pekka Panula)
- Add External Dependencies support for Mandriva (Thanks to Stephane Teletchea)
- Add new OpenGL profile (norsetto-shadow)
- Major rework of how results are saved and each set of results now has its own directory. Most regressions in this area should be taken care of.
- Add show-result <Saved File> argument for opening saved results at a later time in your web browser
- Test results location now defaults to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/ and saved benchmarks now defaults to ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/
- All graphs are now rendered locally. This means php-gd/php5-gd (PHP GD library) is a requirement if you wish to see the results!
- Add support so distribution maintainers can create their own graph theme (color, text size, etc) or others and store the template of graph-config.xml as pts-core/pts-results-viewer/graph-config-template.xml
- Support for installing the Phoronix Test Suite code and other files into one directory (say /usr/share/phoronix-test-suite/) and installing phoronix-test-suite to /usr/bin/phoronix-test-suite by just adjusting the PTS_DIR environmental variable inside phoronix-test-suite
- Add suite-info <SUITE NAME> argument for providing more information on suites -- tests in each suite, maintainer, type, etc.
- Add test-info <TEST NAME> argument for providing more information on a test.
- Fix motherboard test suite
- Other bug fixes
Phoronix Test Suite 0.3.1
April 19, 2008
- Add WINE (Direct3D 9) test profile
- Add render-bench (X Render: render_bench) profile
- Cleaning up of all current profiles
- Revert SYS_CPU_JOBS and SYS_CPU_CORES back to NUM_CPU_JOBS and NUM_CPU_CORES, respectively. Fixes compilation crashes!
Phoronix Test Suite 0.3.0
April 18, 2008
- Add SPECViewPerf 9 profile
- Add IOzone profile
- PTS Global Tagging Support
- Add "Total Disk Space" reporting to PTS hardware information
- Report "major" running processes to TestNotes in XML. Currently Firefox and Compiz are reported if they ran while the testing was done.
- Pts-Grapher updates
- Initial "Batch Mode" support through using batch-run or batch-benchmark and BatchMode options are through ~/.phoronix-test-suite/user-config.xml
- Add "initial-config" argument, which overwrites the user-config.xml with a new default template
- Many "External Dependencies" improvements. Needs testing and more distribution profiles!
- Add "install-dependencies pts" for installing some PTS dependencies for itself, aside from php-cli.
- Introduce Fedora support for External Dependencies. Only tested with Fedora 8.92.
- Shutdown screensaver when running phoronix-test-suite. Currently only GNOME screensaver is supported with detection through GConf. If that doesn't work, then xdg-screensaver reset is ran before each test is executed.
- Other fixes and clean ups
Phoronix Test Suite 0.2.1
April 12, 2008
- Add "External Dependencies" support. Right now Ubuntu is only supported!
- Add GLMark profile
- Add GtkPerf profile
- Add FRAC Benchmark profile
- Show "Less is better" or "More is better" on PTS graphs
- Bug fixes
Phoronix Test Suite 0.2.0
April 6, 2008
- Prompt to auto upload results after test completion
- Improved hardware detection. Unrecognized components will now show as "Unknown" instead of generating error
- Merge results now creates the test results folder and copies pts-results-viewer, if the folder wasn't previously created
- Drop the use of bcdiv() (diverted into custom code) so users don't need the php-bcmath module.
- Introduce Bandwidth profile as a new system memory and Level 2 cache benchmark
- Strip "Processor" from the reported CPU output area as it's redundant
- Improve "RAMspeed" profile. Fix so that results can be saved. Add option whether to record Add, Copy, Save, Triad, or Average. Bump to v0.2.
- Introduce "system-memory" test suite. Tests RAM performance using RAMspeed and Bandwidth (currently).
- Clean up text output a bit. Add "arguments description" string to text output when showing final results for each test.
- Improved CPU detection / ensures the frequency is shown. Properly handles the frequency for those overclocking or with power-savings technologies.
- Added video memory detection support. Defaults to 128MB. Video memory capacity (in MB) exported to VIDEO_MEMORY for profiles.
- Compatibility checks when merging results
- Improved video card detection (use GL renderer and use lspci now only for fallback)
- Add Super PI profile (Thanks to Pekka Panula)
- Compress-gzip update (Thanks to Kano)
- Other updated scripts (Thanks to Kano)
- Doom 3 profile now working
- Improved distribution detection
- New results viewer (work in progress)
- Other small fixes
Phoronix Test Suite 0.1.0
- Initial public release! (April 2, 2008)
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.9
- phoronix-test-suite list-tests now displays the profile's status
and the license type of software
- Drop pts-core/pts-results-viewer/text.gif
- Fix 0.0.8 regression as the zero fix caused no results to be saved
- Allow "upload" argument to use relative/absolute path instead of just the save name
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.8
- Save result even if the value is zero
- Fix merge-results bug when using global ID(s)
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.7
- Support for benchmark <Global ID> for extracting all arguments
from that test.
- Support for benchmark <Local File> for extracting all arguments from that test.
- Change list-benchmarks to list-tests
- A number of end-user input checks and errors if arguments are missing
- Various bug fixes in path to 0.1
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.6
- Nexuiz 2.4 Profile
- Added ImageMagick Build Profile
- Add Linux Kernel (2.6.25) Build Profile
- Add Universe Profile (universe). The Universe profile is made up of all Phoronix Test Suite benchmark profiles in a maintained state.
- Fix compress-gzip profile so results are actually outputted
- Added Enemy Territory: Quake Wars demo profile... currently seems to hang on start
- Added (optional) PreRunMessage to benchmarking profiles at PTSBenchmark/Information/PreRunMessage. This just displays a string of information (such as a warning or benchmark limitation) and then when the user hits any key the benchmark will continue.
- Hdparm profile script now uses gksu (TODO: support other *su)
- EnvironmentDirectory in user-config.xml now requires an absolute location. Defaults to ~/pts-benchmark-env.
- Fix list-saved-tests so that it will actually list the saved tests.
- Use profile-check on the global database for checking whether Global ID is valid remotely, instead of attempting fetch directly.
- Fix bug where if you entered an invalid benchmark/suite name, it would ask if you wanted to save the results before realizing it didn't exist.
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.5
- Code cleaning
- More improvements with Phoronix Test Suite Global Database
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.4-1
- Fix a remote-comparison regression
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.4
- Support for registered/authenticated uploads to global database
- Directory for saved results is now exported to user-config.xml
- New Global Database features
- Fix X Server 1.3.0 detection
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.3
- Initial "Global Database" interaction
- "Do you want to open in your web browser?" CLI dialog
- Fix Intel Pentium M core detection count (Pentium M's don't have 9 cores)
- Merge fixes
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.2
- Initial remote upload support
- Initial remote comparison support
- Refined directory structure
- Separating out Linux-specific hardware/software calls for parsing
- Support storing/installing benchmarks in different directories
- A few merging bug fixes
- Support for suites calling other suites, handled recursively
- Various bug fixes.
Phoronix Test Suite 0.0.1
- Initial Private Release